Over the next couple of months, the UAS management/ training team will be conducting the Managing Aggression in the Workplace training for all site managers and officers throughout our company.
At UAS, we believe that well trained and safety conscious security officers provide better service and support to our clients. This is why we provide our security staff with the resources and training necessary to address evolving site requirements and procedures as well as prepare them for emergencies that may arise. We all have a responsibility to perform activities deemed prudent and realistic, with the goal of offering as safe a workplace as possible, while continuing to deliver the essential products and services. The training objectives will be:
- What is Aggression
- Warning Signs of Aggression
- The Forms Aggression Can Take
- Keys to De-Escalation
- What To Do After An Incident
Types of workplace aggression in various sectors, 2011
- 16 percent of employees were faced with internal workplace aggression (colleagues).
- Intimidation by internal and external perpetrators is the most common type of aggressive behavior.
- Bullying in the workplace affects approximately 12 percent of employees.
- Aggressive behavior affects 38 percent of women and 29 percent of men